Apply at Indeed.com
Summary: Plans, schedules, coordinates and provide directions for maintenance and repair activities. Coordinates the availability of equipment with the maintenance and production departments for the timely performance of PM/PdM (preventive and predictive maintenance) and repairs. Analyze plant machinery and equipment to determine technical and lubricating limits through blueprints, technical specifications, mathematical calculations and working knowledge.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Establish and maintain a close working relationship with production, maintenance, engineering, and storeroom personnel to coordinate preventive and planned maintenance activities.
- Uses independent judgment to develop job package for all planned work and maintains a library of job packages.
- Coordinates and leads weekly planning session and scheduling meetings.
- Determines the most critical jobs to be scheduled during outages.
- Is responsible for successful completion of scheduled maintenance repair activities under his/her area of responsibility.
- Evaluate and communicate performance successes and developed strategies to improve shortcomings
- Reviews and screens each maintenance request for accuracy and business need.
- Monitor and expedite the shipment of parts and material.
- Uses independent judgment to select resources such as material and equipment needed to complete a job.
- Documents all requisitions via the CMMS database.
- Uses independent judgment to plan and schedule outages and equipment shutdowns including the selection of tools, material and labor requirements.
- Estimate cost of labor, parts, and supplies to be used during scheduled maintenance.
- Review production and operation schedules and consult with other personnel to coordinate timing of preventive and planned maintenance activities.
- Manages backlog to ensure that all jobs are scheduled within a reasonable period of time.
- Compile data and generate management reports.
- Performs periodic trends analysis and make recommendations for improvements in cost and reliability.
- Evaluate new materials, supplies and equipment and uses independent judgment to replace products in current use.
- Provide technical assistance for Maintenance Supervisors and craft workers.
- Responsible for reviewing completed work schedules and determines the degree of compliance with estimated hours and material.
- Inspects planned and preventive maintenance activities to ensure quality of work performed.
- Is accountable for the successful completion of scheduled maintenance and repair activities.
- Develop and modify effective preventive Maintenance Programs for both new and modified equipment to minimize downtime of equipment.
To perform the job successfully, the following competencies must be demonstrated:
Customer Focus – Takes personal responsibility/ownership for following through and correcting
customer quality or service problems. Corrects problems promptly and undefensively. Makes
self available, especially when customer is going through a tough period. Processes are
established to support and meet customer requirements.
Disseminates Expertise – Takes initiative to introduce and gain acceptance for new processes,
programs, technologies, behaviors, etc. through the organization. Does not support “Not
Invented Here” behavior and attitudes. Volunteers to be a teacher, mentor or coach. Coaches
up, down and across the organization. Encourages copying “best in class” procedures.
Impact, Influence and Relationship Building – Combines ideas and information. Guides
others (peers and subordinates) to the desired outcome through logical sequence of
arguments. Anticipates and prepares for other’s reactions and successfully gains support for
their ideas. Creates participative collaboration by consistently sharing information and business
Integrity and Trust – Stands up for what is right despite potential personal or business
consequences. Indicates to others (peers and subordinates) when he/she believes they are
acting outside the boundaries of the company.
Listening, Understanding and Responding – Demonstrates the ability for accurate insight into
other people/group’s behaviors and motivation and responds appropriately. Has ability to put
oneself in other’s shoes and to help them explain what they think or how they feel.
Superior Results Focussed – Demonstrates strong commitment and drive to achieve results.
Anticipates potential problems and develops contingency plans to overcome them. Consistently
pursues superior execution. Not satisfied with the status quo.
Self Confidence – Explicitly states confidence in own judgment. Seen as someone who makes
things happen, a prime mover. States own view clearly and confidently. Welcomes diverse
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Database software; Internet software; spreadsheet software and word-processing.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Ability to maintain positive attitude in a high stress/fast paced work environment. Ability to work and make decisions with minimal supervision. Strong problem solving, organization, interpersonal skills and time management skills. Must be a self starter. Ability to manage multiple projects with changing priorities.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of Maintenance Planner, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.,