Apply at Indeed.com
Summary: Under general supervision, the Laborer performs cleaning and grounds upkeep duties as well as acts as relief for production team members during breaks and/or absences. The Laborer will perform specific responsibilities as instructed or requested by supervision and will meet specific performance standards to complete assigned tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Carry out cleaning tasks and special projects on a daily/weekly/monthly basis as assigned by the supervisor.
- Properly store and dispose of special and/or hazardous waste material as required.
- Complete daily cleaning and activity log.
- Operate fork lift trucks and other machinery, as required, in a safe manner, ensuring that daily checks are completed and documented.
- Keep work, break, common areas and machinery clean and orderly.
- Assist other team members, as directed by the supervisor/management, in performing essential duties and responsibilities during absences and for relief during breaks.
- Communicate with maintenance, managers, and supervisors, verbally or through work orders, with specific problems in any work area that may affect safety, quality, or productivity.
- Perform routine grounds work.
- Assist in training new personnel.
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
- Perform assigned Laborer duties according to Gränges Newport practices.
- Due to the wide range of responsibilities for this position, the department supervisor or Superintendent will make judgment decisions based on their knowledge of tasks needing to be performed.
- Ensure daily tasks are completed in time allotted.
- Ensure daily tasks are performed in compliance with established practices.
- Ensure safety rules are followed.
- Follow established guidelines in relation to attendance, breaks, and company policy.
- Report machinery, safety or personnel issues to supervisor.
- Determine nature of machinery malfunction or breakdown. Advise supervisor to arrange repairs as necessary.
- Recognize safety hazards or unsafe activities of other personnel. Report such to offending associate and supervisor for review during scheduled safety talk.
- Recognize misuse, theft or damage of company property and report such to supervisor.
- Support and participate in open communication between supervision and fellow employees.
- Secure necessary supplies to perform assigned duties.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Computer and other Skills:
Ability to acquire basic computer skills to enter and extract information from computer. Ability to use measuring equipment such as micrometer and tape.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to interpret graphic representations.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Working knowledge of problem-solving skills and ability to apply them in a reasonable manner.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; climb or balance and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and high heat.
Personal Protective Equipment: Personal protective equipment includes but is not limited to safety glasses, steel-toed footwear, and hearing protection as required.
Gränges Americas is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. It is our policy to consider for employment all individuals regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Gränges Americas participates in the Arkansas Drug Free Workplace Program and performs pre-employment, random, post-accident, and reasonable suspicion drug and/or alcohol testing. This position is considered a safety-sensitive job for purposes of the Arkansas Medical Marijuana Amendment.