Apply at Indeed.com
Summary: Under general supervision, performs predictive, preventive and repair maintenance on plant machines and equipment, including HMI/PLC components, to minimize plant production downtime, ensure plant safety, and ensure efficient use of resources and materials in production processes. Must perform specific responsibilities as instructed by supervision. Must meet specific performance standards to complete assigned tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Receives assignments from supervisor for needed repair or preventive maintenance (including planned “outage”) tasks, responds to requests from operators, or receives work orders via Maintenance Management System.
- Troubleshoots breakdowns; reads data from HMI screens and reports and various logs, as appropriate, conducts RCFA with supervisor, listens to operator’s observations, and/or observes electromechanical devices in operation to diagnose causes of problems.
- Informs production supervisors or workers of required downtime; locks or tags out machines impacted to ensure safety.
- Requests needed parts and supplies from supervisor.
- Performs repairs and maintenance, including:
- Wiring newly installed machines; installing low voltage conduit.
- Removing worn or defective parts.
- Aligning photo cells; installing switches.
- Installing temperature and oil/water/gas pressure meters.
- Installing, troubleshooting and performing preventive maintenance on electrical circuits, control panels, and boxes; replacing fuses; resetting circuit breakers.
- Troubleshooting/reprogramming coil movement control systems.
- Maintaining x-ray, DC rotating machinery and other complex equipment.
- Replacing drives and AC/DC motors or making minor re-wirings, replacing cabling, brushes and rotors, cleaning parts, etc.; replaces encoders.
- Following manuals, routine programming and setting up of HMI/PLC/computer networking for computer-controlled machines; performing routine trouble shooting /reprogramming in case of breakdown or other operational problems.
- Replacing/repairing remote controls and drives for overhead cranes.
- Troubleshooting sensors and spray heads of fire suppression systems; coordinate with mechanics troubleshooting compressors.
- Resolves routine problems and relights burners.
- Identifies opportunities to upgrade obsolete components, reduce operator complexity, and improve production efficiency; recommends substitutes and replacements for equipment not in stock or to improve and upgrade equipment.
- Installs new components, reconfigures/reprograms operator control panels, etc.
- Documents problems identified, and work performed; creates “as built” drawings; provides to Engineering and Maintenance Planning staff for input into preventive maintenance system.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- As time allows, walks floor to identify safety hazards; acts to mitigate hazards; creates related work orders if needed.
- Maintains continuity within and across shifts/work teams by documenting and communicating actions, problems, and continuing needs.
- Works with Engineering and other staff on a project basis to identify plant process improvements and new methods to improve efficiency.
- Suggests modifications to procedures to improve efficiency or safety.
- Assist HVAC Technicians diagnose HVAC unit problems.
- Replaces parking lot lights; uses lift; may perform routine wiring.
- Complies with all safety rules and guidelines; maintains awareness of surroundings to identify hazards and help others embrace safe practices.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform assigned Electrician duties according to Granges Newport practices. Due to the wide range of responsibilities for this position, the department supervisor or superintendent will make judgement decisions based on their knowledge of tasks needing to be performed.
- Ensure daily tasks are completed in time allotted.
- Ensure daily tasks are performed in compliance with established practices.
- Ensure safety rules are followed.
- Follow established guidelines in relation to attendance, breaks, on call responsibilities, and company policy.
- Report machinery, safety or personnel issues to supervisor.
- Determine nature of machinery malfunction or breakdown. Advise supervisor to arrange repairs as necessary.
- Recognize safety hazards or unsafe activities of other personnel. Report such to offending associate and supervisor for review during scheduled safety talk.
- Recognize misuse, theft or damage of company property and report such to supervisor.
- Support and participate in open communication between supervision and fellow employees.
- Secure necessary supplies to perform assigned duties.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge of Plant Production Processes
General understanding of all plant production processes.
Technical Understanding: Machines
Working knowledge of electrical/HMI/PLC components of melting furnaces, roll casting machines, room air filtration systems, roll milling components and cooling systems, roll grinders, roll slitters, annealing ovens, coil coolers and air moving fans. Working knowledge of National Electrical Code and company policy for electrical installation.
Basic familiarity with the operation of low and high pressure hydraulic and pneumatic systems. Ability to read, interpret and perform work from blueprints and schematic wiring diagrams.
Technical Understanding: Tools
Working knowledge of various electric meters, soldering tools and other hand and power tools.
Education and/or Experience:
A High School diploma or general education degree (GED) is required. The required knowledge, skill, and abilities to satisfactorily perform job duties are normally acquired through obtaining a one-year certificate from a secondary technical or vocational school, plus six months to one year of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Uses language precisely to explain ideas, procedures, and actions and describe situations; adapts message to listeners.
Computer and Other Skills:
Ability to acquire basic computer skills to enter and extract information from computer. Ability to use measuring equipment such as micrometer and tape.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to interpret graphic representations.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Working knowledge of problem-solving skills and ability to apply them in a reasonable manner.
While performing the essential duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; climb or balance and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is frequently exposed to risk of electric shock, fumes or airborne particles and high heat.
Personal Protective Equipment: Personal protective equipment includes but is not limited to safety glasses, steel-toed footwear, and hearing protection as required.
Gränges Americas is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. It is our policy to consider for employment all individuals regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Gränges Americas participates in the Arkansas Drug Free Workplace Program and performs pre-employment, random, post-accident, and reasonable suspicion drug and/or alcohol testing. This position is considered a safety-sensitive job for purposes of the Arkansas Medical Marijuana Amendment.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com