Arkansas Center for Data Sciences
Arkansas Center for Data Sciences has partnered with Newport Economic Development Commission (NEDC) and ASU-Newport to host an IT Apprentice program in Newport, AR. We are looking for individuals wanting to start or advance their career as a Data Analyst.
This is a paid full-time position tied to an apprenticeship training program. Must be able to work M-F 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. and based in Arkansas. Training consists of full immersion training with remote classroom instruction and field experience. Physical training location will be available in Newport.
Who should apply?
- Anyone interested in a technology career ; no work experience required.
- Individuals currently pursuing a degree in one of the following: Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Data Analytics, MIS, Statistics, Mathematics, Information Assurance or other IT related program. Degree is not required.
- Individuals currently pursuing or completed online boot-camp or self-taught training in database technologies, analytics, data mining, or statistical analysis.
- Current company employees wanting a career change into Data Analytics; Incumbent employees wanting to up-tool their current skill set.
- Service members within 6 months of military-to-civilian transition.
General Job Responsibilities (We will train you to perform the duties listed below):
- Gathering and analyzing various types of data;
- Create, build and audit ad-hoc reports and analysis based on requirements
- Defining, documenting, and improving business processes;
- Proactively identifies issues and opportunities to enhance data management and reporting through detailed and high-level problem solving to ensure consistent delivery
- Develop dashboards, analysis and reporting to be utilized cross functionally to understand business performance
- Compile, model and present data insights to key stakeholders
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Must be detailed oriented, organized and have multi-tasking skills
- Strong computer software skills – word processing, spreadsheets, database management and presentation
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship
Desired Skills & Abilities (Nice to have not required):
- Knowledge of common database architectures and how to extract and transform complex datasets
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, graphs, macros, etc.)
- Textbook knowledge of machine Learning techniques and algorithms.
- Academic or work experience with ETL tools (SSRS, SSIS or equivalent)
- Beginner level experience with Microsoft SQL, Oracle, or DB2 SQL Languages
- Experience with SAP, Tableau, HANA, Power BI, SAS or other BI tools (writing and troubleshooting queries, extracting and transforming data, etc.)
Who we are…..ACDS is a non-profit dedicated to building and retaining top Data Science and IT talent in the state of Arkansas. We partner with companies large and small across all industries to facilitate apprenticeship programs such as: Cybersecurity, Data Analyst, Developers, SQL Analyst, & other IT related programs. We’re leading the charge to grow IT jobs and enhance tech talent in Arkansas.
How does the interview process work? ACDS will conduct an initial phone interview and assessment. ACDS will send selected resumes to companies that match the candidate’s skills and interest. Our corporate partner companies will decide which resumes to bring in for an interview with the IT manager. Company selects final candidate for job offer. No relocation is available for this position.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org